Emergency & Disaster Recovery
Our Studios can come to the rescue in those moment of real need, and absolute havoc—when wildfire, house fire, flooding, and other unforeseen incidents have caused damages to fine art collections and family heirlooms. Our staff works in tandem with Insurance claim adjusters, and other vendors, such as re-building contractors, and house remediation companies. We have specialized treatment approaches for the safe removal of smoke, soot and ash from artworks—as it is highly abrasive and acidic, and very damaging to surfaces. We can also remove a lot of the residual odors from the smoke that can become imbedded and saturated into materials.
We are experts in fire and flood recovery, and have worked on hundreds of such projects, especially following the catastrophic Napa, Sonoma, Santa Rosa and Santa Barbara, Montecito and Ventura Wildfires of 2017 and 2018.
- Wildfire and House Fire: Smoke, Soot, and Ash Remediation
- Water & Mud Incursions ~ wet cleaning and decontamination
- Preventative Conservation & Emergency Planning
- Collections Care
- On-site Inventory Condition and Damage Assessments
- Conservation Treatment Recommendation Reports
- Insurance Claims Reports
- Partner with Remediation Companies
- Collections Evacuation Planning and Mitigation
- Long & Short Term Safe Storage Planning
- Work Directly with Fine Art Handling, Shipping and Transport Companies